Yanan Xu, PhD
Visiting Assistant Professor
1200 N. Dupont Hwy
yxu [at] desu.edu
8.2012-8.2017 Delaware State University, Ph.D, Applied Mathematics, USA
9.2009-7.2012 Inner Mongolia University, MS, Applied Mathematics, China
- Numerical simulation through Partial Differential Equations
- Yanan Xu, Michelle Savescu, Kaisar R. Khan, Mohammad F. Mahmood, Anjan Biswas, Milivoj Belic. Soliton propagation through nanoscale waveguides in optical metamaterials, Optics and Laser Technology, 77C, 177-186, 2016.
- Yanan Xu, Qin Zhou, Ali H. Bhrawy, Kaisar R. Khan, M. F. Mahmood, Anjan Biswas, Milivoj Belic. Bright solitons in optical metameterials by traveling wave hypothesis. Optoeletronics and Advanced Materials-Rapid Communications. Vol. 9, No. 3-4, March-April 2015. P. 384-387.
- Yanan Xu, Jun Ren, Matthew C. Tanzy. Raman Solitons in Nanoscale Optical Waveguides, with Metamaterials, Having Polynomial Law Nonlinearity Using Collective Variables, Emerging Waveguide Technology, 2018. ISBN 978-1-78923-493-0. DOI: 10.5772/intechopen.75121
- Yanan Xu, Zlatko Jovanoski, Abdelaziz Bouasla, Houria Moraru and Anjan Biswas. Optical Solitons in Multi-Dimensions with Spatio-Temporal Dispersion and Non-Kerr Law Nonlinearity. J. Nonlinear Optic. Phys. Mat., Vol. 22 No. 3(2013)[30 pages]
- Xu, Yanan; Vega-Guzman, Jose; Milovic, Daniela; Mirzazadeh, Mohammad; Eslami, Mostafa; Mahmood, Mohammad; Biswas, Anjan $and$ Belic, Milivoj. Bright and exotic solitons in optical metamaterials by semi-inverse variational principle. Journal of Nonlinear Optical Physics and Materials., Vol. 24, No. 4(2015) 1550042 (19 pages)
- Yanan Xu, Pablo Suarez, Daniela Milovic, M. F. Mahmood, Kaisar R. Khan, Anjan Biswas and Milivoj Belic. Raman solitons in nanoscale optical waveguides,with metamaterials, having polynomial law nonlinearity. J. of Modern Optics. Vol. 63, 2016. P. 32-37.
- Marija Veljkovic, Yanan Xu, Daniela Milovic, M.F. Mahmood, Anjan Biswas $and$ Milivoj R. Belic. Super-Gausian Solitons in Optical Metamaterials Using Collective Variables. Journal of Computational and Theo. Nanoscience. 12(12) 2015 P.5119-5124
- E.V. Krishnan, M, AL, GhabshiH, Q. Zhou, K. R. Khan, M. F. Mahmood, Yanan Xu, Anjan Biswas, M. Belic. Solitons in optical metamaterials by mapping method. J. of Optoeletronics and Advanced Materials. Vol. 17, No. 3-4, March, 2015, P. 511-516.
- Guolin Hou, Gaowa Qi, Yanan Xu. The separable Hamiltonian System and Complete Biorthogonal Expansion Method of Mindlin Plate Bending Problems, Science China (Physics, Mechanics and Astronomy), 56(5), 974-980, 2013
- Yanan Xu, Guolin Hou and Alatancang. The variational Principle for Disturbance of Plane Viscous Flow and its Biorthogonality Relationship. J of dynamics and control(N),Vol.9 No.2(2011):97-101.
Honors & Awards
Certificate of Excellence in Teaching Assistantship. Sponsored by the office of the Dean, College of Mathematics, Natural Sciences & Technology, 2017
- Elementary Statistics
- Real Analysis
- Calculus I
- Finite Math
- College Algebra
- Business Calculus
- Introduction to Algebra
- Survey Math I and II