Health and Safety at Our Lab School
Your child’s health and safety is our top priority here at Delaware State University Early Childhood Lab School. Our COVID-19 protocols are based on expert university guidance and is designed to support the health and safety of children, families, educators and students while ensuring a positive and enriching environment where kids can be kids.
The health and safety of the children in our care is our top priority. our lab school follows special COVID-19 protocols which were developed based on guidance from the Centers for Disease control, direction from the state and local public authorities and in direct alignment with Delaware State University Covid campus operations.
Delaware State University early childhood laboratory school operates within stringent health and hygiene, cleaning and disinfecting and child illness exclusion policies. We know that consistent health and hygiene practices help defend against contagious illnesses. The following enhanced protocols have been implemented at our center:
- DSU early childhood laboratory teen wear face masks/ coverings
- Posted health notices restricting and limiting entry
- Nonessential visitors are not permitted in the center
- Daily temperature and health check conducted upon arrival
- Reduced class sizes per DELACARE regulations
- Frequent cleaning and disinfecting of high touch surfaces, toys and laundered items.
- Social distancing as much as possible
- Enhanced COVID-19 exclusion policy which restricts access in the event of suspected or known exposure