TESOL Online Graduate Certificate
This program is designed to provide students with fundamental skills and entry-level credentials for teaching English to speakers of other languages. The program prepares students to teach non-native speakers of English in community programs, language schools, and other similar programs both in the United States and internationally.
The goal of the online graduate certificate program is to ensure students are prepared to successfully guide the development and learning of English language learners. This is evidenced by a functional understanding of language, language teaching, learner identity, and classroom management strategies.
All Applicants are required to:
- Have earned a bachelor’s degree at an accredited college or university, possess the ability to do graduate work of high quality, and meet language proficiency requirements for English.
- Submit one official transcript from all previous undergraduate and graduate work.
- Submit three (3) letters of recommendation.
- Submit a statement of purpose indicating educational career goals and experience.
- Submit GRE scores*
- Have native or near native fluency in English. Non-native speakers of English without a college degree from a U.S. or English speaking institution must also have a minimum TOEFL score of 95 (iBT), 585 (paper), or an IELTS of 7.0.
- Applicants must meet all graduate school requirements.
* GRE score requirement may be waived for those entering the program with substantial professional and academic experience and credentials.
The online graduate certificate in TESOL program requires the completion of 12 credit hours. The program follows a praxis model in which students are expected to apply the learned theory and methods in the classroom as part of the course curricula. Students are also required to complete a final portfolio project that evidences their development through the program.
All courses completed in this program can also be applied toward the MA TESOL/ Bilingual Education degree.
Tuition & Fees
The tuition for courses in the TESOL & Bilingual Education tracks are set at a program rate of $500 per credit hour. There is no in-state/out-of-state distinction, and the rate is the same for all students enrolled in the program.
Additional fees, including registration, technology, and student activity fees are as listed under “Doctoral and Graduate Fees | Dover” on the main Tuition & Financial Aid page.